The symposium will feature a keynote and panels examining innovations in development of dispute resolution teaching, training and tools here in New York and around the world. The utility of a variety of creative approaches and processes will be explored including:
- Dispute resolution curriculum for our times
- An important role for art, quotations, films, and storytelling in expanding perspectives
- The role of journalists in shaping their readers understanding of conflicts
- Talking or peacemaking circles to promote healing and harmony in families and communities
- Facilitation and training for groups traditionally “at war” or needing cohesion and community
We believe by actively tackling these issues with some of the great thinkers and doers in the ADR field, we will be able to create a symposium that can help address the persistent and troubling human divides of our times.
- Fall 2016: The Pound Conferences: Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?
- Fall 2015: All in the Family
- Fall 2014: Is Mediation a Sleeping Beauty
- Fall 2013: Bioethics, Health Policy, and Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Age of Obamacare
- Fall 2012: Negotiating the Extremes: Impossible Political Dialogues in the 21st Century
- Fall 2011: Culture, Religion and Conflict Resolution: What’s Identity and Faith Got To Do With It?
- Fall 2010: Energy and the Environment: Preventing and Resolving Conflicts
- Fall 2009: Conflict Resolution at Work: ADR in the Private and Public Sectors
- Fall 2008: Whither Arbitration?
- Spring 2004: Justice in Mediation
- Spring 2003: Negotiating With Terrorists And Non-State Actors: The Journey To World Peacey
- Fall 2002: ADR in the Entertainment Industry
- Spring 2002: Arbitrating Corporate Malfeasance
- Fall 2001: Sports Law and ADR
- 2000: Using Alternative Dispute Resolution in Intellectual Property Cases
- 1999: Addressing the “Redress”: A Discussion of the Status of the United States Postal Service’s Transformative Mediation Program
- 1999: Shed their Swords and Armor to Enter Certain ADR Arenas?
- 1998: The State of the States: Dispute Resolution in the Courts