The Pound Conferences:
Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?
The Symposium, convening on November 7th, was a great success.
Over 100 attendees gathered at the Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law for a full day of panel discussions that were endlessly engaging, rousing, and inspiring.
The many renowned presenters included:
Professor Thomas Stipanowich (Pepperdine) who gave the keynote address, Professor Lisa Blomgren Amsler (Indiana), Professor Brian Farkas (Baruch), Professor Alyson Carrel (Northwestern), Professor Mariana Hernandez Crespo (University of St. Thomas Law School), Professor Noam Ebner (Creighton), Daniel Garrie (JAMS), Noah Hanft (CPR), Professor Donna Erez Navot (Cardozo), Professor Ethan Katsh (University of Massachusetts Amherst), Debbie Masucci (IMI), Jeremy Lack, Esq., Professor Lela Love (Cardozo), Vikki Rogers (Institute of International Commercial Law – Pace Law School), Jonathan Rosenthal (MACRO), Colin Rule (Modria), Erika Sasson (Center for Court Innovation), Lara Traum, Esq., Jamie Walter (Maryland Judiciary’s Administrative Office of the Courts), Robyn Weinstein (EDNY), and Daniel Weitz (NYS Unified Court System).
- Fall 2015: All in the Family
- Fall 2014: Is Mediation a Sleeping Beauty
- Fall 2013: Bioethics, Health Policy, and Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Age of Obamacare
- Fall 2012: Negotiating the Extremes: Impossible Political Dialogues in the 21st Century
- Fall 2011: Culture, Religion and Conflict Resolution: What’s Identity and Faith Got To Do With It?
- Fall 2010: Energy and the Environment: Preventing and Resolving Conflicts
- Fall 2009: Conflict Resolution at Work: ADR in the Private and Public Sectors
- Fall 2008: Whither Arbitration?
- Spring 2004: Justice in Mediation
- Spring 2003: Negotiating With Terrorists And Non-State Actors: The Journey To World Peacey
- Fall 2002: ADR in the Entertainment Industry
- Spring 2002: Arbitrating Corporate Malfeasance
- Fall 2001: Sports Law and ADR
- 2000: Using Alternative Dispute Resolution in Intellectual Property Cases
- 1999: Addressing the “Redress”: A Discussion of the Status of the United States Postal Service’s Transformative Mediation Program
- 1999: Shed their Swords and Armor to Enter Certain ADR Arenas?
- 1998: The State of the States: Dispute Resolution in the Courts