Fall 2013 Symposium: “Bioethics, Health Policy, and Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Age of Obamacare”
Monday, November 18th, 2013, 9AM to 5PM
Cardozo Law School, Moot Court Room
To register, please click here.
Questions? Please contact Editor-in-Chief, Shawna Benston, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9:00–9:30 a.m.: Breakfast and Mingling in the Lobby
9:30–9:45: Opening Remarks: Dean Edward Stein, Shawna Benston
9:45–10:30: Opening Keynote: A Relational Approach to Conflict Engagement in Healthcare: Debra Gerardi
10:30–10:45: Break in the Lobby
10:45–12:00 p.m.: Clinical Ethics Committees: Nancy Neveloff Dubler (moderator), Autumn Fiester, Thaddeus Pope, Charity Scott
12:00–12:05: Short Break
12:05–12:45: Midday Keynote: Rationing Evidence and Obamacare: Arthur Caplan
12:45–1:45: Lunch in the Lobby
1:45–2:45: The Future for Healthcare Dispute Resolution: Michelle Skipper (moderator), Mindy Reid Hatton, Michael Kosnitzky, Joe Miller
2:45–3:00: Break in the Lobby
3:00–4:15: End-of-Life Decision Making: Carol Liebman (moderator), Edward Bergman, Nancy Berlinger, Ellen Waldman
4:15–close: Closing Keynote: Adrienne Asch
CLE Credits: 5 total (3 Professional Practice and 2 Ethics), with the following break-down:
- Opening Keynote: 0.5 Professional Practice
- Panel 1: 0.5 Professional Practice, 1.0 Ethics
- Panel 2: 1.5 Professional Practice
- Panel 3: 0.5 Professional Practice, 1.0 Ethics
- Fall 2013: Bioethics, Health Policy, and Alternative Dispute Resolution in the Age of Obamacare
- Fall 2012: Negotiating the Extremes: Impossible Political Dialogues in the 21st Century
- Fall 2011: Culture, Religion and Conflict Resolution: What’s Identity and Faith Got To Do With It?
- Fall 2010: Energy and the Environment: Preventing and Resolving Conflicts
- Fall 2009: Conflict Resolution at Work: ADR in the Private and Public Sectors
- Fall 2008: Whither Arbitration?
- Spring 2004: Justice in Mediation
- Spring 2003: Negotiating With Terrorists And Non-State Actors: The Journey To World Peacey
- Fall 2002: ADR in the Entertainment Industry
- Spring 2002: Arbitrating Corporate Malfeasance
- Fall 2001: Sports Law and ADR
- 2000: Using Alternative Dispute Resolution in Intellectual Property Cases
- 1999: Addressing the “Redress”: A Discussion of the Status of the United States Postal Service’s Transformative Mediation Program
- 1999: Shed their Swords and Armor to Enter Certain ADR Arenas?
- 1998: The State of the States: Dispute Resolution in the Courts