The Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution is published three times per year and is dedicated to providing a forum for scholarly research and theoretical writing in the field of dispute resolution. We invite article submissions on a wide range of subjects, including arbitration, negotiation, mediation and the latest developments in conflict resolution.
Submission Regulations and Guidelines
- To be considered for publication, please submit your final manuscript electronically in Microsoft Word format to the Editor-in-Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide a recent résumé/curriculum vitae with your electronic submission. We also welcome submissions through ExpressO.
- Citations must adhere to The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th ed. 2010).
- While the Journal has no firm page restrictions, articles are typically about 25-35 pages.
- Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. We publish three issues annually (Fall/Winter/Spring), which are typically released in November, February, and April. We recommend submitting 3-4 months ahead of the issue you seek to be published in.
- Note that we only accept and consider final submissions, not “drafts” or “works in progress.” Once given an offer of publication, an author will have a short window of time within which to accept. If the author accepts, he or she will be contacted by the Journal staff only if major substantive edits are required or performed before publication. By accepting an offer of publication, the author consents to allow the Journal editors to use their discretion to edit the work generally, as well as for grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, style, body format, and footnote format. There is no pre-publication author review after the initial submission.
Although electronic submissions are preferred, you may mail us a hard copy at the address below:
Cardozo School of Law
Cardozo Journal of Conflict Resolution
55 Fifth Ave, Suite 527
New York, NY 10003
Please include a cover letter with your name, school or affiliation, email address and telephone number. Please also provide a recent résumé/curriculum vitae. Unfortunately, we are unable to return your manuscripts. In addition, the Journal reserves the right to keep the reasons for its publication decisions confidential.
We look forward to reading your submission.